What is Game Designer?
Before starting the blog you should know that what is Game Designing right? So, basically, game designing is a career in which a person who designs a game means he works on the graphics, layouts, and models of the game means all that visual stuff comes under game designing. let’s understand this with an example a game designer makes the looks of your body like how your body looks like how your eyes look, the color of your hairs, eyes, and your skin, and the overall shape of your body but the workings of the body are done by a game developer he makes the body to move and function without a game developer that body will be just a dead body nothing else.
What can I do after the 12th to become a Game designer?
There are so many options for you
Certificates & Diplomas in Game Designing:
- Certificate in Gaming
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
- Diploma in Production Gaming
- Diploma in Game Design and Integration
- Diploma in Animation, Gaming, and Special Effect
- Diploma in Game Design (DGD)
- Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application
- B.Sc. in Gaming
- Bachelors in Media Animation & Design (BMAD)
- B.Sc. Animation & Gaming
- Bachelor of Science in Animation Game Design and Development
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) – Computer Science and Game Development
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Animation & Computer Graphics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Digital Filmmaking & Animation
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Graphics, Animation & Gaming
- Integrated M.Sc. in Multimedia & Animation with Game Art & Design
- M.Sc. in Gaming
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Game Design and Development
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Multimedia and Animation
Which are the Best Colleges in India for Game Designing?
- MIT Institute of Design, MIT ADTU – Loni Kalbhor, Pune
- Chitkara University Institute of Engineering and Technology – Chandigarh
- SXILL – Chandigarh
- Artemisia College of Art and Design – Indore
- Graphic Era Hill University – Dehradun
- IIFA Multimedia – Bengaluru
- VIT Bhopal University – Bhopal
- DSK International Campus – Loni Kalbhor, Pune
Now you know that what is a game designer and what are the courses and best colleges to do these courses.
So, let’s talk about a career in Game Designing
A career in Game Designing
Your own company
If you have an idea about a game you can make your team or work alone on that idea and create a game if it becomes successful you can open a gaming company in which you can make and publish games. Yes, it is a risky thing but if it is successful then you know what you can become. If you have an idea you can try it.
You can also do freelancing if have good skills in game designing. If you are serious about this field you can check out the best freelancing websites here are some of these
- LinkedIn ProFinder
View all details – click here
Jobs in games designing
- Game Designer
- Character Animator
- Art Designer
- Freelance Game Developer
- Script Writer
- Game Tester
- Game Modeller
- Level Designer
- Game Quality Assurance Tester
- Interactive Media Designer
- Gameplay Programmer
- Art Designer
- Level Scripter
Teach your skills to others
If you have very good knowledge about Game Designing you can spread your skills and experience to beginners who don’t have enough knowledge about game designing but want to make their career in this field. If you can speak Hindi well you teach the beginners about game designing and there is a great trend of coding in India nowadays, for this you can use the platforms like YouTube you can also start your online course because there is a lack of valuable courses in Hindi there is a great opportunity for this you can try it.
Is gaming a good career in India?
The answer is simple Yes, it is. This is the best time because India recorded about 365 million online gamers in the financial year 2020. This number was estimated to reach 510 million by the fiscal year 2022. Overall, India ranked the highest in terms of the growth in online game downloads on app stores with a growth rate of 165 percent between 2016 to 2018 (source).
Just think if these all people playing a game made by you India is a room full of gunpowder and only need a spark of your idea to make it on fire.
And recently E-Sports is Growing fast in India and there is a trend of coding also.
What is the salary of a game designer in India?
The average salary of a game designer in India is
- 1 – 4 years is ₹559,084/yr
- 5 – 9 years is ₹1000000/yr
- 10 – 19 years is ₹5000000/yr
Remember that your extra income from YouTube or freelancing is not included in this.
Top 10 Gaming companies
- Zero Games Studio
- Electronic Arts
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Activision Blizzard
- Epic Games
- Square Enix
- Bungie Inc.
The conclusion is simple you can do so many things in a game designing career after 12th but my opinion is that you should start learning now from free platforms like YouTube and become an expert in this field so that you can create your value.
I provided you all details now it is on you what you want to do.
How can I become a game developer in India?
A few courses in the field include:
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming.
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application.
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) – Computer Science and Game Development.
- Bachelor of Science in Animation Game Design and Development.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
What qualifications do I need to be a game developer?
Most developers have a higher education qualification, such as degree or HND. To get on a relevant degree you need five GCSEs grade C or above including maths, English and a science subject, plus at least two A levels. Relevant A levels include maths, physics, computing and technology.
Which course is best for gaming?
Top 5 game development courses:
- C# Programming – Unity Game Development Certification
- Unity Certified 3D Artist Specialization
- Complete C# Unity Game Developer 2D
- Computer Science for Game Development
- Create Your First Game with Python
How do I start a career in gaming?
- Find Your Motivation. As with anything in life, it’s important to play Esports for the right reasons. …
- Pick Your Game. The next step is to find your game. …
- Join the Community. As much as pro gaming is about individual talent, it’s also about the culture surrounding the game. …
- Gear Up. …